[SATLUG] 1984, Robots, the Military and Technology

toddwbucy toddwbucy at grandecom.net
Fri Mar 21 13:02:35 CDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-03-21 at 12:26 -0500, Brian Lewis wrote:
> It may be interesting, however this is the San antonio Texas Linux
> user group, not a political list. I signed up to keep up with the
> local community not listen to a bunch of peoples opinions on politics,
> the goverent, war in Iraq, etc. Asking for an off topic discussion to
> be moved off the list is quote reasonable.

It may suprise you to learn that some of us have interest which
intersect with linux, F/OSS, politics, economics, and society.  in fact
if you read te definitions of free software and open source softwar one
canno help but notice the philosophical, social, economic, and political
implications of linux and F/OSS.  linux is not so easily separated from
the rest of the world or our lives.

Todd