[SATLUG] 1984, Robots, the Military and Technology

Jeremy Mann jeremymann at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 14:09:46 CDT 2008

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 2:01 PM, toddwbucy <toddwbucy at grandecom.net> wrote:

>  The problem with this is that those lists don't represent SATLUG as a
>  community they represent other communities which we as individuals may
>  or may not participate in.

And that's a problem? Last time I checked this is a LUG mailing list,
"L"inux "U"users "G"roup.

> I personally do not fear the diversity of
>  thought within SATLUG I find it refreshing.  The point therefore is that
>  we discuss our divergent opinions within the market place of ideas be
>  they tech related or political, social, economic, or philosophical. As I
>  noted earlier the currently accepted definitions of Free Software and
>  Open Source software Illustrate how these ideas intersect with the
>  technology and are therefore relevant to the SATLUG community.

So what you're saying is that its ok for me to post a message asking
what the right head bolt torque specs are for my 883? There's a Harley
FORUM that can give me this information, why should I even consider
putting it on Satlug?

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu