[SATLUG] 1984, Robots, the Military and Technology

Vern Davis vern.davis at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 14:25:54 CDT 2008

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 2:09 PM, Jeremy Mann <jeremymann at gmail.com> wrote:

>  So what you're saying is that its ok for me to post a message asking
>  what the right head bolt torque specs are for my 883? There's a Harley
>  FORUM that can give me this information, why should I even consider
>  putting it on Satlug?
>

>  --
>  Jeremy Mann
>  jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu
>
>  University of Texas Health Science Center
>  Bioinformatics Core Facility
>  http://www.bioinformatics.uthscsa.edu
>  Phone: (210) 567-2672
>  --

This is from my Buell manual;

a. Tighten each head bolt to 96-120 in lbs (11-13 Nm)
b. Tighten each head bolt to 13-15 ft-lbs (18-20 Nm)
c. Loosen all head bolts.
d. Tighten each head bolt to 96-120 in lbs (11-13 Nm)
e. Tighten each head bolt to 13-15 ft-lbs (18-20 Nm)

Mark cylinder and head bolt shoulder with a line and
tighten bolts an additional 90 degrees.

Torque sequence for REAR cylinder (when looking down
at the top of the cylinder facing towards the front of
the bike).

1. UPPER bolt on LEFT side
2. LOWER bolt on LEFT side
3. UPPER bolt on RIGHT side
4. LOWER bolt on RIGHT side

Torque sequence for FRONT cylinder (when looking down
at the top of the cylinder facing towards the front of
the bike).

1. LOWER bolt on LEFT side
2. UPPER bolt on LEFT side
3. LOWER bolt on RIGHT side
4. UPPER bolt on RIGHT side

Not to start a(nother) flame war, but I would invest in the 1200 kit.

vern.davis at gmail.com