[SATLUG] 1984, Robots, the Military and Technology

toddwbucy toddwbucy at grandecom.net
Fri Mar 21 15:04:05 CDT 2008

I agree with Jeremy that these topics are often inapropriate for a
strictly technical list.  In my opinion the provision of a OT list would
allow for the enforcement of such a restriction with the least cost to
any individual member's freedom of speech.  It is much easier for a
moderator to censor a post if another outlet within the community is
provided for.  outright censorship on the basis of something as
arbitrary as a particular moderator's opinion seems somewhat heavy
handed.

Todd