[SATLUG] Frikin sweet robot! (sick)

ed horned0wl93 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 18:48:18 CDT 2008

pixelnate wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-03-21 at 21:03 +0300, john mashl wrote:
>
>>> Do yourself a favor and read Ray Bradbury's 1984. Go in with an open
>>>  mind and read it to the end. Listen to the message that the author is
>>>  providing, and you will find the real reason that we are always at war.
>>>
>> uh, cuse me but ah, google on George Orwell and see what hes famous for writing,
>>

>> sent from the mulla's gramaphone from the beutiful confines of the emerald city,
>>

> Seriously, dude, you are going to point this out again. So now, for the
> third time, I admit that I was incorrect about the author of 1984.
>
> ~Nate

Go Nate!  <smiles>  I think we all figured out, sometime yesterday that
Orwell did 1984, Bradbury did Fahrenheit 451, and Huxley did Brave New
World, all of which tie into computing, politics, the military, law
enforcement, people control, and a lot of other things directly or
tangentially tied into things meaningful to many of us.  I wonder at the
few nay-sayers in here, and where they are coming from.  Is the thought
of using our gifts and interests in trying to avoid a somewhat dark
future possibly uncomfortable to them?

Cheers;

Ed