[SATLUG] 1984, Robots, the Military and Technology

Vern Davis vern.davis at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 19:35:41 CDT 2008

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 7:01 PM, ed <horned0wl93 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Jeremy Mann wrote:
>  > On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 2:28 PM, toddwbucy <toddwbucy at grandecom.net> wrote:
>  >
>  >>  Well you could if you wanted to as far as I am concerned, but I wouldn't
>  >>  gaurantee your sucess in doing so.  But again let me highlight the
>  >>  inherent philosophical, economic, social, and yes political implications
>  >>  of the following Definitions.
>  >>
>  >
>  > Ok great, thanks for the clarification. I'll start posting TMZ and
>  > Perez Hilton articles tomorrow since I feel its in our "inherent
>  > philosophical and social" interests to do so.
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  One could aways use this approach:  I'm in a Linux forum, sending a
>  message from a machine running a Linux OS, which just happens to be
>  about (burning semi-tech-related topic of choice).  What have I done wrong?
>
>  Cheers;
>
>  Ed

Because it's very similar to you going to a Target to buy a vacuum
cleaner, and the salesperson tries to sell you a used pickup truck.

You didn't go there to buy an old beat-up pickup truck, and I
guarantee you would be unhappy that some idiot decided you didn't need
what you came there for, but instead needed something else, that
he/she decided is verrrrrry important.

Many of us subscribed to this list because it is advertised as a LINUX
USERS GROUP.

It is not advertised as a POLITICAL SOUNDING BOARD.

There has been a severe drought of linux-related info on here lately, and an
overabundance of tin-foil hat theories.

vern.davis at gmail.com