[SATLUG] 1984, Robots, the Military and Technology

Jeremy Mann jeremymann at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 20:08:25 CDT 2008

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 7:42 PM, pixelnate <pixelnate at gmail.com> wrote:

>  On Fri, 2008-03-21 at 14:32 -0500, Jeremy Mann wrote:
>

> > Ok great, thanks for the clarification. I'll start posting TMZ and
>  > Perez Hilton articles tomorrow since I feel its in our "inherent
>  > philosophical and social" interests to do so.
>
>  That really is taking things too far. First of all, you had posted your
>  Harley questions without changing the subject line, which would have
>  given everyone a heads up about the subject you were posting about. When
>  I was posting a reply to the original post about BigDog, I did
>  originally keep it on topic. I was voicing my concern that something
>  like BigDog represents a slippery slope that will ultimately lead to
>  those things controlling the populous in the streets. My response was
>  neither random, nor off topic. Nor was my post that Lance responded to,
>  or the one I that I shot back to him after that.

Oh really? So now you're saying off topics posts are ok, but when you
consider them 'off topic' from your own interests they are too far?
What gives Nate?

>  Linux and open source software is more than firewalls and TCP sockets.
>  It's also graphics and hardware and programming languages and
>  specifications and so much more than that even. Personally, I couldn't
>  give two shakes about the NAS thread that was recently started, but you
>  know what, I delete those messages when I see them. I haven't raised any
>  fuss about seeing the posts on that topic and the bandwidth they
>  consume. I just delete them. They don't interest me and I delete them
>  and go about my merry way.

So why not delete your own posts or even NOT post when it serves
nothing to do with Linux?

>  And as for the immature comment above, Jeremy, all I have to say is that
>  1) nobody is posting whole articles on the list, and 2) if the topic
>  that Perez is discussing begins as a Linux or technology related thread,
>  bring it on. Oh, and next time you have a Harley question, perhaps you
>  might want to change the subject line so that your questions and their
>  answers can be more easily searchable in the future.

You just crucified yourself Nate. So basically you're saying "what I
post is relevant" and whatever else off topic post by somebody pisses
me off. It can't be both man, get real.

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu