[SATLUG] 1984, Robots, the Military and Technology

Vern Davis vern.davis at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 20:39:19 CDT 2008

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 8:04 PM, pixelnate <pixelnate at gmail.com> wrote:

>  > It is not advertised as a POLITICAL SOUNDING BOARD.
>  >
>  It has *not* been used as such.

Yes, it has. Making the leap from a robot running Linux to the first
gulf war is pure political Bovine Excrement. If I want to see that, I
can go to the dailykos, moveon.org or any number of sites. I don't
need to see it on a Linux User's Group.

>  > There has been a severe drought of linux-related info on here lately, and an
>  > overabundance of tin-foil hat theories.
>
>  That is flame bait, there my friend. Please refrain from such derogatory
>  statements. And please, if you are complaining, change your subject line
>  to reflect you complaints so that they can be properly filtered. Perhaps
>  there should be a COMPLAINT list in addition to the OT one that so many
>  people want started.
>

>  ~Nate

I just call things like I see them. The original post was about a
robot which runs Linux.

Suddenly there are posts about the house of Bush, etc. etc, yada, yada, yada.

This list is rapidly becoming not-all-that-relative to Linux.

I wonder if all this political hoo-hah is affecting attendance at the meetings?

vern.davis at gmail.com