[SATLUG] 1984, Robots, the Military and Technology

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Sat Mar 22 07:28:55 CDT 2008

> Instead, we've got at least four or five separate Linux groups, and
> UT Austin seems bound and determined to go with a commercial
> proprietary videoconferencing solution that disenfranchises everyone
> who isn't running a Micro$loth OS, instead of even bothering to look
> at well established cross-platform freely available solutions like
> Access Grid.

Which solution would that be? I know that at least the Texas Advanced
Computing Center from UT has AccessGrid installed, because I conferenced
with them before using AG. I also AG with people in the Biochemistry dept.
Our university officially supports polycomb, but is also interested in
AccessGrid. The latter is more of a roll-your-own type implementation here.

-Borries