[SATLUG] Apologies and olive branches.

Travis Runty trunty at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 08:37:49 CDT 2008

> Feel free to go ahead and do that, and tell us when you're done.
> Then the interested parties can go over there and stop bugging the
> rest of us.

lol, when did this mailing list get "hostile"?  I personally see the forum
suggestion as a much easier method to seperate the junk off-topic discussion
and the actual useful tech discussion...  Obviously this is only a
suggestion, just as the "tags" suggestion was...  So, if you dont like the
suggestion, OH WELL.  From what I have seen it is hard to actually enforce
policies over a mailing list while within a forum there is much more
control...

> Dear god, no. I'd never visit again. I detest fora. Mailing lists are so
> much better. Less annoying, no scrolling through metric fucktons of
> peoples bigass signature pictures.

I could see your point if we didnt have huge email signatures instead of the
forum pictures (see below for example...)

|       www.ronpaul2008.com      |    www.sourcemage.org         |
|      Ron Paul for President!   |   SourceMage GNU/Linux        |

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional,
illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous
mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 2:21 AM, Geoff <geoff at w5omr.shacknet.nu> wrote:

> ed wrote:
> > What started as a Puppy thread, and got expanded into robotics, a la
> > BigDog, is now drowning in multi-threaded muck.  There's now more being
> > said about what can or should, cannot or should not, be said in the list
> > than there is about any particular topic, on-, loosely- or off-topic.
> >
> > I've checked, and I've either taken the lead, of provided first support
> > for each of the four major divergences from the original topic.  For
> > those, I apologize, and ask that we reign-in what looks to become a
> > genuine, list-splitting flame war real soon.  Help?
> >
> > I think the suggestion of marking a topic [OT] at the beginning of a
> > divergence, with a (was ""), is probably a good idea.  Thereby allowing
> > those who wish to pursue it, while those who don't, including list
> > "purists," can either race by or filter it out.  Can we get a consensus
> > here?  Please?
> >

> You're not the cause of the explosion of messages, Ed.  No one twisted
> these peoples arms to post.
>
> But, it's nice to see that so many -are- paying attention ;-)

Travis Runty
210.391.3949
www.travisrunty.com