[SATLUG] Apologies and olive branches.

Travis Runty trunty at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 08:37:49 CDT 2008

> Feel free to go ahead and do that, and tell us when you're done.
> Then the interested parties can go over there and stop bugging the
> rest of us.

lol, when did this mailing list get "hostile"?  I personally see the forum
suggestion as a much easier method to seperate the junk off-topic discussion
and the actual useful tech discussion...  Obviously this is only a
suggestion, just as the "tags" suggestion was...  So, if you dont like the
suggestion, OH WELL.  From what I have seen it is hard to actually enforce
policies over a mailing list while within a forum there is much more

> Dear god, no. I'd never visit again. I detest fora. Mailing lists are so
> much better. Less annoying, no scrolling through metric fucktons of
> peoples bigass signature pictures.

I could see your point if we didnt have huge email signatures instead of the
forum pictures (see below for example...)

|       www.ronpaul2008.com      |    www.sourcemage.org         |
|      Ron Paul for President!   |   SourceMage GNU/Linux        |

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional,
illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous
mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Version: GnuPG v1.4.8 (GNU/Linux)