[SATLUG] Apologies and olive branches.

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Sun Mar 23 03:30:02 CDT 2008

On 3/22/08, Travis Runty wrote:

>                                                         Also, please read
>  that everything I have expressed is MY OPINION so regarding your, "Not
>  true.  Not at all true.", please dont tell me that MY OPINION is not
>  true, please simply state that your opinion/perspective/situation
>  varies...

You stated your opinion that forums are much easier to follow (which
actually sounds more like a statement of fact, but I'll let that go).

I stated my opinion that this only proves that you have never used a
decent mail client.

If you wish to persist in using gmail or whatever other mail clients
you may have been exposed to in the past, you're welcome to do that.
However, that doesn't leave you in a good position to argue for the
forum format as being superior.

 From now on, anytime you (or anyone else) brings up the topic of
switching to a forum format, they can simply bring up this one point,
and there goes your whole argument.

I've used web forums.  I've used both good and bad mail clients.
Unless and until you're willing to do the same, you don't have a leg
to stand on in this argument.