[SATLUG] "The Linux Desktop" OSFest presentation

John Ziriax ziriax at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 19:28:37 CDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 7:41 PM, Borries Demeler
<demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu> wrote:
> Tweeks,
>
>  Many windows users run some sort of Intuit Quicken or Quickbooks software.
>  I once tried gnucash, but didn't think this was an equivalent application.
>  Can you recommend something that is more similar to quicken? I see lack of
>  equivalent business software (also tax prep software, unless you use a web app,
>  like turbotax) still as a problem for some people to migrate.
>
>  -b.

Crossover Office is supposed to run Quicken and Turbotax. I use it for
MS Office stuff to check that Openoffice has done the right thing. Not
needed some much anymore, but my docs are usually simple.

Crossover Office is relatively cheap ($65 the last time I looked) and
the contribute to Wine.

They are at www.codeweavers.com

John