[SATLUG] "The Linux Desktop" OSFest presentation

Ed Coates edcoates at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 20:16:09 CDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 8:34 PM, Borries Demeler
<demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu> wrote:

>  Thanks, John, I am sure this is a reasonable approach, or to run vmware
>  (which is what I do) so the wife can keep track of our cash. I still would
>  like to be able to run a true linux software that is equivalent to Quicken.
>  Haven't found anything yet. Is there anybody on this list who uses gnucash
>  entirely for their finances? Just curious what your experience is with this.
>  Last time I checked it seemed you need to have a complete accountant training
>  to be able to use this software, not to speak of be an expert in resolving
>  dependencies.
>
>  -Borries
Borries,

While I, by no means, have a complicated financial situation, Gnucash
does just fine for my personal finances.  It can import statements
from my bank, and I found it easy to set up and keep track of my
checkbook, and savings accounts for me and the kids.  It can export
and import from Quicken also.

Ed