[SATLUG] gnucash

Jon Mark Allen jm at allensonthe.net
Sun Mar 23 21:54:15 CDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 7:28 PM, scs at worldlinkisp.com
<scs at worldlinkisp.com> wrote:
> >borries wrote:
>  >Many windows users run some sort of Intuit Quicken
>  >or Quickbooks software. I once tried gnucash, but
>  >didn't think this was an equivalent application.
>  ------------------------------------------------
>  I've been looking at gnucash, but the dependencies
>  are significant, and I've seen Slack user posts
>  about spending hours snagging dependencies and
>  still coming up " Snake Eyes."  As Borries mentioned,
>  good financial programs (and Wordperfect ~ ny stick)
>  are all that keep me from total dissolution with the
>  Gate-Ballmer-et aux Cabal.
>  Lou

Even though it's a Java app and not open source, I've found Moneydance
to work sufficiently well.  My biggest complaint is the spotty support
for downloading transactions.  It really depends on the bank you use
whether it's supported or not.  But you can download and try it before
you buy it so you'd know.

--
JM

/* If you haven't found something strange during the day, it hasn't
been much of a day.
-- John A. Wheeler */