[SATLUG] Broadcom BCM4301 Drivers for Linux (petition)

Travis Runty trunty at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 22:13:11 CDT 2008

Good post, while I'm sure the manufacturers at least pay a bit of attention
to this type of petition (we'll give them a bit of credit here... :)  ) I
believe the only way of truly getting them to listen and give in is to hit
them in their pocketbook...  When I bought my most recent laptop I was EXTRA
cautious to buy one with a integrated wireless card that I knew would not be
pain (Atheros, Prizm, Centrino).  While I know this is not practical for
most users as it was not practical when I first started with linux and
already had a laptop it helps to be conscious to this for future purposes.

http://linux-wless.passys.nl/  <---  That is also a good reference to check
if the hardware is linux "compatible" (more like linux friendly...)

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 7:27 PM, Don Crowder <donguitar at gmail.com> wrote:

> This may be out of date but it's interesting.
> http://www.petitiononline.com/BCM4301/

Travis Runty
210.391.3949
www.travisrunty.com