[SATLUG] "The Linux Desktop" OSFest presentation

Tweeks tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org
Sun Mar 23 22:53:54 CDT 2008

On Sunday 23 March 2008 08:19:48 pm Samuel Leon wrote:
> Tweeks wrote:
> > For those of you who asked me to post the notes from my presentation..
> > here they are:
> > 	http://xcssa.org/files/
> > 	http://xcssa.org/files/LINUX-DESKTOP-2008-03-22/img0.html
> >
> > Feel free to use this presentation to help your IT manager to covert your
> > company over to Linux on the desktop... ;)
> >
> > Tweeks
> Ok we need commentary on exactly what slide 8 is about, rofl!

Hehe... oh yeah..
Every presentation needs a little humor or self deprecation.  :)  So I
included both here. :)

Seriously though.. Up until recently.. this is how most non-Linux geeks viewed
the Linux community.  Now however, armed with distros like Ubuntu, CentOS,
etc, plus common shared user experiences on YouTube like this:

these things are helping bring more and more non-geeks in contact with
Linux... making it that much more ubiquitous.

Comments welcome.
(hope it didn't offend anyone.. ;)