[SATLUG] "The Linux Desktop" OSFest presentation

ed horned0wl93 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 06:02:10 CDT 2008

John Ziriax wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 7:41 PM, Borries Demeler
> <demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu> wrote:
>
>> Tweeks,
>>
>>  Many windows users run some sort of Intuit Quicken or Quickbooks software.
>>  I once tried gnucash, but didn't think this was an equivalent application.
>>  Can you recommend something that is more similar to quicken? I see lack of
>>  equivalent business software (also tax prep software, unless you use a web app,
>>  like turbotax) still as a problem for some people to migrate.
>>
>>  -b.
>>

> Crossover Office is supposed to run Quicken and Turbotax. I use it for
> MS Office stuff to check that Openoffice has done the right thing. Not
> needed some much anymore, but my docs are usually simple.
> {snip}
I haven't used M$O in probably a year now, and haven't looked back.  I
use OO for everything from letters to documents to spreadsheets to
powerpoint presentations, and yes, they all work on Windoze machines as
their M$O counterparts.  I can't yet speak to accounting or tax
applications, but haven't needed to try them yet.   My .02...

Cheers;
Ed