[SATLUG] Where to begin

phn1x phnx.lists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 07:34:07 CDT 2008

Everyone has beat the "install this" horse I see, but the best advice I ever
got was from this guy I used to work with. He told me to cut the dependency.

What I did a few years back was purchased a 1 tb drive for my mass
collection of pirated material, and then wiped out windows. I see a lot of
people dual boot, or run live cd's and they fall back to a dependency on
windows all the time. Once you completely erase windows, you will figure out
how to do things in Linux. Thus far I haven't needed windows to do anything
(with the exception of some utilities I use for Reverse Engineering) and not
having a windows box to fail over to has motivated me heavily to learn how
to complete tasks in linux.