[SATLUG] Another greeting...

Bamse mfredriksafstro at satx.rr.com
Mon Mar 24 13:13:25 CDT 2008

I ended up selling the PS2 Linux kit for the same amount I paid for it...
However I did learn a lot of the PS2 internals which was quite interesting.
The PS2 is basically a combination of a CPU, one DMA controller, Two
math co-processors and a Graphic chip if you are looking at doing graphics.
Sound and IO is controlled by the CPU but the rest of the chips can
operate independently with some cleaver programming.
Both sound and IO was locked down by the kernel so you did not have
direct access.

I'm in the IBM Tivoli division which is pretty much purely software.
However I think I've seen a "Cell Processor Development kit" from IBM
that is free for the public.
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/power/cell/
Don't know what it is though... ;-)

/Bamse