[SATLUG] What do I need to use Evolution with an exchange server

gboswell gboswell at cis.sac.accd.edu
Mon Mar 24 21:18:50 CDT 2008

I had enough of using the outlook web client with Linux for the accd
mail system, I want to use Evolution mail.

Now to do this I need to know what questions to ask our "Mail exchange
experts"  in order to get  Evolution to  work with  our exchange
servers.  My new  superior  insists on me using the new exchange mail
servers for my school mail. I know I should have done this before the
s....t hit the fan but o-well. Any advise out there. I can run Outlook
inside a XP-Pro VMWare session but as a last resort. I believe I need to
know the //servername/exchange/path to mail box, but what else?

Thanks for any suggestions including ref. sources. No I haven't done a
Google search yet but I will if no expert wisdom surfaces.

BTW You all missed an excellent "Linux-Desktop-2008" presentation at the
OpenSource Fest by Tom Weeks. Lots of new ideas and comments, now I know
why M$ is so scared. I believe he has the presentation on the XCSSA web
site. Definitely worth a look. Thanks Tom.

Glenn Boswell "Boz"      gboswell at cis.sac.accd.edu
    School mail          gboswell at mail.accd.edu

Personal email should be directed to gboswellsac at yahoo.com
San Antonio College  Dept. CIS (210)-733-2866

"Freedom is not FREE", let us never forget.

"We make a living by what we Get.
 We make a LIFE by what we GIVE." anonymous