[SATLUG] What do I need to use Evolution with an exchange server

Travis Runty trunty at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 22:01:43 CDT 2008

I was going to say to save yourself the headache and dont do it...  I tried
it and was very HAPPY when I moved over to IMAP and thunderbird at work.  I
was very unhappy with evolution as it always seemed to lock up at the most
inopportune time...  Not sure if that was useful or not but it is my
personal experience atleast.

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 8:32 PM, Ernest De Leon <edeleonjr at gmail.com> wrote:

> you will need the paid for plugin for ximian....google ximian evolution
> connector...or something like that
>
> On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 7:18 PM, gboswell <gboswell at cis.sac.accd.edu>
> wrote:
>
> > I had enough of using the outlook web client with Linux for the accd
> > mail system, I want to use Evolution mail.
> >
> > Now to do this I need to know what questions to ask our "Mail exchange
> > experts"  in order to get  Evolution to  work with  our exchange
> > servers.  My new  superior  insists on me using the new exchange mail
> > servers for my school mail. I know I should have done this before the
> > s....t hit the fan but o-well. Any advise out there. I can run Outlook
> > inside a XP-Pro VMWare session but as a last resort. I believe I need to
> > know the //servername/exchange/path to mail box, but what else?
> >
> > Thanks for any suggestions including ref. sources. No I haven't done a
> > Google search yet but I will if no expert wisdom surfaces.
> >
> > BTW You all missed an excellent "Linux-Desktop-2008" presentation at the
> > OpenSource Fest by Tom Weeks. Lots of new ideas and comments, now I know
> > why M$ is so scared. I believe he has the presentation on the XCSSA web
> > site. Definitely worth a look. Thanks Tom.
> >
> > --
> > Glenn Boswell "Boz"      gboswell at cis.sac.accd.edu
> >    School mail          gboswell at mail.accd.edu
> >
> > Personal email should be directed to gboswellsac at yahoo.com
> > San Antonio College  Dept. CIS (210)-733-2866
> >
> > "Freedom is not FREE", let us never forget.
> >
> > "We make a living by what we Get.
> >  We make a LIFE by what we GIVE." anonymous
> >
> > --

> Ernest de Leon
> http://www.smbtechadvice.com
>
> "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
> safety
> deserve neither liberty nor safety." - A common 18th Century sentiment
> voiced by Benjamin Franklin
>
> "A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his
> government." - Edward Abbey
>
> "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
> -
> Edmund Burke, English statesman and political philosopher (1729-1797)

Travis Runty
210.391.3949
www.travisrunty.com