[SATLUG] What do I need to use Evolution with an exchange server

Tweeks tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org
Mon Mar 24 23:13:05 CDT 2008

On Monday 24 March 2008 10:01:43 pm Travis Runty wrote:
> I was going to say to save yourself the headache and dont do it...  I tried
> it and was very HAPPY when I moved over to IMAP and thunderbird at work.  I
> was very unhappy with evolution as it always seemed to lock up at the most
> inopportune time...

I hear others say the same.  Talk to the Exchange admin at you work and ask if
they can turn on IMAP on the Exchange server.  With that, ical and
webdavs://, you can get several clients to work with exchange servers.

Tweeks
p.s. Thanks for the kudos Boz...  But my favorite part of the presentation was
when I handed it over to a couple of Compiz/Beryl geeks who demo'd the latest
and greatest compiz-fusion features.. very cool! :)  Gotta love the
community... :)