[SATLUG] [OT] [OMFG] [LOL] [WTF] [BBQ] [PQ] [NASAL] [DEADBEEF] [PURE LAZINESS] Apologies and olive branches.

John Choate jdchoate at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 13:45:28 CDT 2008

It's not that I, personally, alone, want to change all group behavior. There
was a time, as recently as a couple of weeks ago, when somebody would post
off-topic or stray from the topic, they would put OT or [OT] in the subject
line. During the robot-dog discussion, somebody suggested the renewal of this
type of tagging for off-topic discussions. I reiterated that after things
seemed to get quite out of hand with that thread, and look what happened.
I use many filters in my email app, kmail, to sort messages from family and
friends, business, work, SATLUG, spam, virus-attached, etc. I don't do it out
of laziness per se, but rather to keep things neat and organized.

signed,
The Lazyass

On Tuesday 25 March 2008 13:06:41 ed wrote:
> Though I don't belong to that many groups, I can see the point of
> needing to filter undesired content by folk who are overloaded.  I don't
> believe they have the complete right to change all group behavior, but a
> casual not to them (e.g. tags) would go pretty far in the name of amity.
>
> Cheers;
> Ed
>

> John Chalinder wrote:
> > I love a good laugh as well as anyone; but, really folks, this has
> > gone off the deep end. I don't think it worth the time to put [tags]
> > on all my postings so some lazyass person can have it filtered because
> > they're too lazy to do their own work.

You have time to write that, but not the time to add four characters to the
subject line of an occasional off-topic post. With what you typed there, not
counting spaces, you could have made 48 [OT] postings.
If all your postings, as you claim, are off topic then try this lazyass
suggestion... Make a template for your OT postings. Then you don't have to
type the tag each time you post.
:P

Of course, that's just my opinion: I could be wrong.