[SATLUG] ubuntu and wubi

ed horned0wl93 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 16:06:05 CDT 2008

Jeremy Mann wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 1:09 PM, ed <horned0wl93 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Jeremy Mann wrote:
>>  > Anybody tried the new Wubi installation for Ubuntu?
>>  >
>>  >
>>  I tried it.  I didn't like it.  I deleted it.  (Doesn't seem to work
>>  under W2K.)
>>

> Ed, what were the problems you found with it?

Lets start with - it never wanted to boot.  And when I finally forced it
to boot, it wouldn't access any of my server's NTFS drives, or my network.

My regular Ubu load finds and uses them with ease, locally or across a
network, on two different machines; and my Windoze server has no trouble
seeing my ext3 drive(s) on my laptop.

Cheers;
Ed