[SATLUG] F/OSS replacement for endnotes

herb cee hc at lookcee.com
Wed Mar 26 14:51:56 CDT 2008

toddwbucy wrote:
> Thanks Herb I have been looking for a good note taking software so I
> will definitely look into tomboy.  However I am more in need of
> something closer to endnote, which is used to create a bibliography
> databases which can be used to create bibliographies in a number of
> different academic journal styles.

Right, I have not used 'endnote', my use has always been just technical
manuals and essays.  I have always used the built-in indexing and notes
management for WordPerfect and I have not tested out that portion of
OpenOffice, so that was why I loaded Tomboy to use in the meantime. Not
a finished solution.

I think there is an addition to OO to do it same as WP but I just
dunno.  I have not tried to produce a finished work since starting this
Linux trip. Maybe this year, lol.
herb