[SATLUG] F/OSS replacement for endnotes

Don Wright wmail at wricomp.com
Wed Mar 26 15:44:02 CDT 2008

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 14:31:12 -0500, toddwbucy <toddwbucy at grandecom.net>
wrote:

>Thanks Herb I have been looking for a good note taking software so I
>will definitely look into tomboy.  However I am more in need of
>something closer to endnote, which is used to create a bibliography
>databases which can be used to create bibliographies in a number of
>different academic journal styles.

Searching the Debian package system shows two hits on "endnote":
referencer and bibutils. Both import EndNote and other formats. bibutils
converts between various bibliographic file formats and referencer
identifies itself as a document and reference organizer that creates
BibTeX files.

Other distros will probably have those or similar packages, so you can
take it from there.  --Don

--
I have seen things you people wouldn't believe. Tourist tongues on fire
over tacos at Mi Tierra. I watched HS bands glitter in the dark