[SATLUG] Backtrack, Kppp and PCMCIA modem

John Pappas j at jvpappas.net
Thu Mar 27 14:05:47 CDT 2008

Sorry, fell behind on my posts.  I did not see what others have mentioned,
but if it is a PCMCIA modem, you will need the pcmcia-cs and associated
drivers loaded.  It has been a while since I have messed with a dialup modem
(Moreless PCMCIA modem, as I don't even have a hardline), but I will fire up
my old/trusty Noteworthy/3Com 56K modem card with XJack connector and see
what it does on my IBM T43p running OpenSuse 10.3.

jp