[SATLUG] Wubi Setup

Robert Marker rmarker at encoresupportsystems.com
Fri Mar 28 12:59:38 CDT 2008

After a year of lurking and an occasional post, decided to start the
"LEAP" process to get a "BG" divorce. Can't do anything about work but
to get the wife moving that way did a Wubi install in Windoz 2K. First
boot give me a error 15 can find c:\ubuntu\disks\boot\grub\menu.lst. The
file does exist in c:\ubuntu\install \boot\grub but appears to be
scripted for the first bootup.

SyS: W2k, c: NTFS with plenty of room in the single partition, d: fat32,
1 gig, 2.0MHz Pen4.

I originally had everything on the second disk and figured maybe grub
was looking on the install partition. Moved a copy to c: and reinstalled
with same results.

Anyone else tried the same setup?

RobertM