[SATLUG] Wubi Setup

toddwbucy toddwbucy at grandecom.net
Fri Mar 28 13:14:17 CDT 2008

Its my understanding that wubi is supposed to run inside of windows, and
shoudn't affect your boot partition in the least.

following quote is from http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/hardy/beta
There is a new installation option for Windows users. Wubi allows users
to install and uninstall Ubuntu like any other Windows application. It
does not require a dedicated partition, nor does it affect the existing
bootloader, yet users can experience a dual-boot setup almost identical
to a full installation. Wubi works with a physical CD or in stand-alone
mode, by downloading an appropriate ISO to install from. It can be found
on the root of the CD as Wubi.exe. A full installation within a
dedicated partition is still recommended, but Wubi is a great way to try
Ubuntu for a few days and weeks before committing dedicated disk