[SATLUG] problems with my raid setup

toddwbucy at grandecom.net toddwbucy at grandecom.net
Fri Mar 28 13:38:07 CDT 2008

I just reconfigured my RAID set up on my experimental box.  I reinstalled Ubuntu
hardy with the alt cd and set up my RAID as follows:
2 320 gig hd RAID1 with LVM swap, /, and /home
2 320 gig hd RAID0 no LVM /var
I have 1 200 gig hd with vista
when it came to installing the bootloader ubuntu suggested LILO however it did
not find the vista drive - not a big deal I can still access by booting from
the vista drive rather then from the RAID1.
rebooted into Ubuntu and proceeded to upgrade and installed ubuntustudio which
also upgraded linux to the -rt kernel.  however the instilation/upgrade didn't
go so well. said I should manually run dpkg --configure -a I did so and got the
following error:

Warning: LBA32 addressing assumed
Warning: '/proc/partitions' does not match '/dev' directory structure.
    Name change: '/dev/dm-0' -> '/dev/RAID1_md0/swap'
Warning: Name change: '/dev/dm-1' -> '/dev/RAID1_md0/root'
Warning: Name change: '/dev/dm-2' -> '/dev/RAID1_md0/home'
Warning: The initial RAM disk is too big to fit between the kernel and
   the 15M-16M memory hole.  It will be loaded in the highest memory as
   though the configuration file specified "large-memory" and it will
   be assumed that the BIOS supports memory moves above 16M.
Added Linux ? *
Added LinuxOLD
Fatal: stat /dev/sda2: No such file or directory
dpkg: subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1

I googled this one but haven't gotten anything very useful.  Thought maybe you
guys might have some ideas

Todd
and got the following errors after upgrading