[SATLUG] OT - Keep a lookout

toddwbucy toddwbucy at grandecom.net
Fri Mar 28 19:32:47 CDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 19:06 -0500, pixelnate wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 13:10 -0500, toddwbucy wrote:
> > You know that hurricane could have just as easily hit Houston as it did
> > New Orleans.  Had it done so we here in San Antonio could have been the
> > refugees.  Furthermore, not all the victims of Katrina are criminals
> > most of the refugees are in fact hard working Americans who had their
> > lives torn asunder by the hurricane and then were left to fend for
> > themselves by the federal government.  So if you have to blame someone
> > blame God for the hurricane and President Bush for the inept response.
> > Don't blame out mayor or gove for showing christian charity by trying to
> > help out fellow Americans in need!
>
> We'll just have to agree to disagree on those points. What happened in
> NO could not have happened here.
>

> ~Nate

Ok so maybe I got a little carried away. the response was just not the
response of Pres Bush and the Fed.  Truth be told government failed at
every level from the mayor and city council of NO to the state of LA to
the Federal. Nobody thought that they would ever get hit with a CAT 5.
Furthermore, my point about this happening to San Antonio was intended
to make the point that the vast majority of the refugees are very
hardworking people who are trying to overcome circumstances which only
by the grace of God we are sparred.

Todd