[SATLUG] WoW players, anyone?

Justin Burdette justin.burdette at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 17:05:21 CDT 2008

I'm curious to know if anyone else in the group plays World of Warcraft on
Linux?

After a bit of searching, I figured I'd give CrossOver a try to run it. It
installed just fine, but wouldn't run the game. I gave up on that and tried
installing through WINE and have had no problems ever since, except for one.
The WoW.exe process won't end when I exit the game, so I have to kill it
through CLI or using KSysGuard. Not a major irritation, but it would be nice
if it just closed when I click "exit"... Also, I can't seem to get my voice
chat to work. I've tried just about every configuration possible in winecfg
and in WoW, and it just won't go. I can do voice chat with no problems on
Skype though.

Aside from that, if there are any more WoW addicts out there, what realm? If
there are enough of us, perhaps we should form a SATLUG guild? :-)

Justin