[SATLUG] OT(?sorta) Linksys WCG200 - DHCP wrong (or bad) address with routing and NAT turned on

Don Wright wmail at wricomp.com
Sun Mar 30 11:35:29 CDT 2008

On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 01:26:18 -0500, Charles Hogan
<cd_satl at futuretechsolutions.com> wrote:

>I had similar fun with Grande and my Linksys a few months ago.  Their
>DHCP server would give me a bad address with the linksys, but a good
>address with one of my machines directly connected.  I spoofed my
>linksys's wan MAC address to one of the Mac addresses on my internal
>network, and haven't had a problem since.  My problem also started after
>a power outage.

Ooo, nasty! Sounds like someone in Grandeland has a vendetta against
Linksys, so MAC addresses in that manufacturer's range get bad
loaded in their DHCP server after a power event, and nobody competent is
available to fix it.

"Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy
action."  --James Bond "Goldfinger"

--
I have seen things you people wouldn't believe. Tourist tongues on
fire over tacos at Mi Tierra. I watched HS bands glitter in the dark