[SATLUG] Rotating the screen in Ubuntu and saving the setting...

Bamse mfredriksafstro at satx.rr.com
Mon Mar 31 19:56:05 CDT 2008

Hi again,

I'm trying to rotate the screen (left) to get a portrait orientation
rather than landscape.
I figured out that by adding _Option "RandRRotation" "on"_ in the
/etc/X11/xorg.conf file, the option to rotate the screen is now
available in _System->Preferences->Screen Resolution_.

The screen rotates to portrait and the mouse follows etc...

However as soon as I log off, I loose this setting.
It would not have bothered me if the login screen were "rotated" so to
say and as soon as I logged in it got back to Portrait mode.
But when I log in again I have to go to the _System->Preferences->Screen
Resolution_ and rotate it to the left again.

Anyone know how to make this permanent ?

/Bamse