[SATLUG] 2 machines, same image, different result.

Enrique Sanchez Vela esanchezvela at yahoo.com
Fri May 2 02:14:40 CDT 2008

last year I bought 2 refurbished PCs for my kids and installed one with Ubuntu and the other with Fedora 6 then 7, finally moved it to Ubuntu after endless complains of the poor kid that her pc would boot slower, her sis' would look cool and 2 particular websites worked on her sis's computer but not on hers.

the images are the same, I installed 6.10 then migrated to 7.04 now they both run 7.10, but the problem with the websites remain (they both use flash)....... and both fail w/o much debugging messages and obviously when I call these particular site contact info they both freak when I say "Linux" or Ubuntu... is there anything I can do to debug??

I don't want to install winowze but the wife, who has sided with the dark force, has already began pushing me to install that crap.

"Intelligence is like an underwear.
It is important that you have it, but
not necessary that you show it........"

Be a better friend, newshound, and