[SATLUG] Java problem on Ubuntu 8.04 beta

Ryan Stewart rds6235 at gmail.com
Fri May 2 10:49:16 CDT 2008

The problem wasn't with JAVA_HOME. Running java -version from the
command line gave me the problem I described. As I mentioned, it's not
an issue anymore since I've installed Ubuntu on the machine in
question. I ran across a few reports of similar problems on the web
but still no real explanation. It seems that there's just something
about the LiveCD that doesn't like Java.