[SATLUG] HD Partitioning again

Justin Burdette justin.burdette at gmail.com
Fri May 2 22:04:15 CDT 2008

Well, I have the drive installed. I'm in Knoppix copying over everything
from my /home and /common partitions on the old 200GB drive.

My current fstab shows the 200GB drive listed as this:
/dev/disk/by-id/scsi-SATA_MAXTOR_STM32008_6QE02SZM-part1

Do I need to use the same "by-id" format for the new drive, or can I put it
in fstab as /dev/sdb1?

Justin