[SATLUG] Thank God for Linux

Dennis Myhand dmyhand at suddenlink.net
Sun May 4 08:42:47 CDT 2008

Tweeks wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 April 2008 05:51:04 pm Chris Lemire wrote:
>> I just read this. I'm not responding to any more now.
>
> I will... hehe  :)
>
> Really though, I can't believe someone actually made this into a religious
> thread.. heh..
>
> Well.. on the topic, Rackspace once used God in one of our Linux adds. hehe..
> It was a quote from our CEO.  His eyes had been opened to Open Source and
> uttered the phrase to an interviewer, "God gave us Linux to run web
> servers.".  It ended up being so popular, that we made t-shirts:
> 	http://kazza.cia.com.au/images/olympus/2001/large/p2190002.jpg
>
> fun stuff..
>
> Tweeks

That doesn't sound any different from the Volvo commercial in the late
80's and early 90's that declared Volvo to be the car that can save your
soul.  And, if you take the view that nothing is done without God being
in control, your CEO was actually correct.  Fanatical support and
theologically correct.  Peace, Dennis in Victoria