[SATLUG] Conspiracy theory or coverup?

Geoff geofff at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Mon May 5 09:28:29 CDT 2008

pixelnate wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-05-04 at 12:43 -0500, Geoff wrote:
>
>> Either way you look at it, this is good discussion fodder.
>>
>> http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/?p=435
>>

> Total cover up happening here.

I believe the same.  "No back door", but... the forensic tools that
Microsoft is now supplying to the local Police Departments around the
nation are certainly 'interesting' in that you don't need a password to
access the system, as long as the usb thumb-drive is plugged into the
system, and it scans and finds and detects everything from soup to hay.

Totally a cover up.

although, I'll admit to using m$ products, you would never find me
standing in line at midnight to purchase a piece of proprietary software
that is going to have to have a major upgrade with a month of it's
release.  If you (and not you, specifically Nate - I'm speaking
collectively) don't believe me that m$ can't release anything that's
working 'out of the box', go back and look at the history of M$
releases, starting with MS-Dos 1.0, then 1.1, 1.01, 2.0, 2.02, 2.03,
2.1, etc....

-Geoff