[SATLUG] Some good news

Geoff geofff at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Mon May 5 09:30:33 CDT 2008

pixelnate wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-05-04 at 10:38 -0500, Geoff wrote:
>
>> Cuba lifts ban on home computers
>>
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7381646.stm
>>
>> Castro is probably dead.
>>

> Hooray the interwebs will now be available for spam from Cuba.
>
> Seriously though, it is nice that they can finally join the 20th
> century. Talk about a perfect place for FOSS running on cheap laptops.

Although I didn't say it, that was exactly the intent and the reason for
posting the information.  If the economy is still as bad down there as
we've been led to believe, something -free- on their home desktops would
certainly be welcomed, I'm  sure!

Who wants to take a touristy-type trip to Cuba and introduce 'em to
Linux? ;-)

-Geoff