[SATLUG] Thank God for Linux

pixelnate pixelnate at gmail.com
Mon May 5 11:32:55 CDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-05-05 at 09:04 -0700, Ernest De Leon wrote:
> lol...you could always turn your G5 into a Linux machine right?

Except that Ubuntu PPC isn't really a supported install any more, and I
really kind of need it for Photoshop and Flash. My job also entails some
DTP work so I really need the whole Adobe suite to get that side of my
job done. But all my web development happens on my personal laptop
running Ubuntu Gutsy. And 95% of my layout and design for the websites I
build for my side business happens in Inkscape and the Gimp*. Some
things are just easier to accomplish in Photoshop.

~Nate

* Until a better a better solutions presents itself [cough] Photoshop on
linux [cough].