[SATLUG] Thank God for Linux

Charles Hogan cd_satl at futuretechsolutions.com
Tue May 6 04:28:07 CDT 2008

We live in a predominantly Christian culture.  We will have the large
crosses, the ocassional mention of God, and Cristian holidays as federal
holidays.  This is to be expected.  To expect people to change their
ways because you believe they are throwing their religion at you, when
they are speaking as they do with all their peers, is a bit out there.
Besides, it's much more fun when you run across "Born Agains", (who try
forcing their beliefs down your throat), and you get into a discussion
with them about their traditions, pointing out along the way that many
of their traditions have nothing to do with their beliefs, but were
folded in from other religions to simply increase the size of the flock.
  Just be thankful we don't live in a predominantly Muslim country,
where we would have the large mosques, calls to prayer 5 times a day,
and Allah mentioned practically all the time.

FWIW, I too would prefer if more people would keep their religions at
home and in their congregations.