[SATLUG] 2 machines, same image, different result.

Don Crowder donguitar at gmail.com
Tue May 6 17:49:48 CDT 2008

Enrique Sanchez Vela wrote:
> hardware failure ruled out, now it does not work on my neither of them., could it be a flash decoder/encoder issue?

Enrique, those machines would be nicely suited to Linux Mint (built on
Ubuntu) and it's got many of the multimedia hassles eliminated by
default.  To try it, you'll need a DVD drive because it's a live DVD
instead of a live CD.  I installed it on a 933 MHz P3 with 384 MB of RAM
by unplugging the CDROM drive and temporarily plugging in a DVDRW drive.
  It ran very nicely once installed and your machines are far superior.
--
Don Crowder