[SATLUG] Need a little help finding a keyboard shortcut:

Luis Garza luis at luisgarza.com
Tue May 6 17:55:28 CDT 2008

Even your cat knows where the mouse is!

Sorry.  Had to say it

-----Original Message-----
From: satlug-bounces at satlug.org [mailto:satlug-bounces at satlug.org] On Behalf
Of Don Crowder
Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2008 5:44 PM
To: The San Antonio Linux User's Group Mailing List
Subject: Re: [SATLUG] Need a little help finding a keyboard shortcut:

John Choate wrote:
>> The key combination seems to be
>> Left-Ctl, Left-Alt, Numlock to turn it on, and then the same to turn
>> it off.  I tried it on the right, and it didn't work.
>>
>> Ed
>
> I use KDE exclusively and tried that. It did nothing except to turn
Numlock on
> and off, making the arrow keys on 2,4,6 & 8 available for scrolling... no
> mouse movement at all. No different than just pressing Numlock alone. The
> same goes when using the right-side Ctrl + Alt + Numlock.
> I also tried Alt-F12, which seemed to do nothing at all.

My wife, who's using PCLinuxOS, says it's in KControl

Peripherals/Mouse/

Mouse Navigation tab

check, or uncheck the box labeled:

"Move pointer with keyboard (using the num pad)"

There doesn't seem to be a hot-key for it, or we couldn't find reference
to one anyway though you may be able to examine the various keyboard
shortcut combinations in kcontrol.  We never can remember how to get to
the them in kcontrol so we just search for "keyboard shortcuts" and that
gets us to the right place (with a click) every time.