[SATLUG] yahoo and pidgin

Geoff geofff at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Tue May 6 20:24:33 CDT 2008

Has anyone else experienced problems connecting to the yahoo instant
messenger, with pidgin?

After googling the first time around, I read somewhere that changing to
port 20 for ypager made the difference, and for me, it did. For two
days.  Today, I haven't been able to connect at all, all day.

This matters not if port 20, or 5050 is used.  I've never had to 'poke a
hole' in the firewall before, but now, I'm not so sure.  I'm also not
sure, since I haven't had to before, that adjusting the iptables
firewall is the answer, either.

Anyone else having this same experience?

--
-Geoff