[SATLUG] Our Lady of the Lake University

Geoff geofff at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Wed May 7 08:42:09 CDT 2008

mike wrote:
> Geoff wrote:
>> ... is on fire.  For the last hour.
>>
>> All local network channels have interrupted programming.
>>
>> Hey.. it's a community thing.
>>

> Saw Gooff's post. Went and did a quick google. woai.com has 1 quite
> spectacular photo. News reports say that every one was evacuated.
> Thats good but thats quite a fire.

channels 4, 5 and 12 had live coverage of it, from around 8pm till
newstime, channel 5 let letterman play, and then cut back in after the
mono-log to say that while it -was- under control, it had started to heat
back up again.

Between the local news outlets, and www.ollu.edu, there should be plenty
of into this morning, on what happened.

This was the main building, a San Antonio landmark/icon and the jewel of the West Side of town, building was completed in 1895, 113 years ago, with money raised from locals, by locals.

The computer lab at Our Lady of the Lake was in that building, but one of the reports was that it was rescued last night, before any fire could damage it.  Hopefully all the records and school info was saved as well.