[SATLUG] OT: sata on osx

Jeremy Mann jeremymann at gmail.com
Thu May 8 15:05:29 CDT 2008

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 2:54 PM, Brad Knowles <brad at shub-internet.org> wrote:

>  You're not really booting off the SATA drive.  You're booting off the SATA
> card, which is connected to the drive.
>  In theory, the Mac should be able to boot off compatible SATA cards,
> because the newer Mac Pros do that already.  Whether or not this particular
> card is compatible with your particular Mac is a different issue.

This same Mac currently has 10.4 and when I first bought the SATA card
I plugged it in to see if the Mac could see it. Nothing showed in
System Information nor Disk Utility. Now I want to upgrade it to 10.5
and want to try and consolidate my servers so I'm curious if it will
even work in the Mac.

Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu

Bioinformatics Core Facility