[SATLUG] OT: sata on osx

Jeremy Mann jeremymann at gmail.com
Thu May 8 15:05:29 CDT 2008

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 2:54 PM, Brad Knowles <brad at shub-internet.org> wrote:

>  You're not really booting off the SATA drive.  You're booting off the SATA
> card, which is connected to the drive.
>
>  In theory, the Mac should be able to boot off compatible SATA cards,
> because the newer Mac Pros do that already.  Whether or not this particular
> card is compatible with your particular Mac is a different issue.

This same Mac currently has 10.4 and when I first bought the SATA card
I plugged it in to see if the Mac could see it. Nothing showed in
System Information nor Disk Utility. Now I want to upgrade it to 10.5
and want to try and consolidate my servers so I'm curious if it will
even work in the Mac.

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu