[SATLUG] adding usb connectors from an hp computer

Chris Lemire good_bye300 at yahoo.com
Fri May 9 18:39:09 CDT 2008

I'm trying to get some help adding a 2 usb ports and audio to my computer to have audio headphones and mic in the front.

http://l33t0rb4it.homelinux.com/~chris/add_usb/

Specifically you can look at these. The rest are optional.

http://l33t0rb4it.homelinux.com/~chris/add_usb/hpim1201.jpg
http://l33t0rb4it.homelinux.com/~chris/add_usb/hpim1204_reduced_size.jpg
http://l33t0rb4it.homelinux.com/~chris/add_usb/hpim1205_reduced_size.jpg

The usb connectors I'm attempting to add look like this on the side that plugs into the motherboard.

ooox
oooa

Where "o" are wires,
"x" is blocked (blocked the wrong pin on my mobo),
and "a" is empty, open but no wire.

or it was different. Just switch the a and x. I cut those that side off with those two because they were useless and blocking the connector from plugging into my mobo. I then tried plugging it in several ways without any luck. So what can I do to make this work? How complicated will it be?

SKYPE:	fakie_flip
AIM:	good bye300
IRC:	linux_user400354
LQ FORUMS AND YIM: fakie_flip