[SATLUG] openoffice issue

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Sat May 10 06:51:20 CDT 2008

I have a vexing issue with OpenOffice that I don't understand.
On occasion, when trying to access the Format:Page dialog, the program
freezes, load goes up to 100% and the program has to be killed with signal -9.

When I log in as a different user, the same problem shows up. Removing the
.openoffice.org.2 directory doesn't help, so it's not related to personal
settings, plus the problem occurs for all users the same.

Reinstalling -from scratch- doesn't help either. Other than this one issue,
all other functions can be used without a problem. Everything else runs fine
on the box as far as I can tell.

Now here comes the kicker: Rebooting takes care of the problem, and it may
not show up for another 6 weeks.

Now I would like to know how I could track/debug this problem the next time
it shows up. Any ideas of what might be wrong?

-Borries