[SATLUG] RE:Openoffice Problems

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Mon May 12 04:15:29 CDT 2008

> Borris, what version of Linux and what version of Openoffice? I'm
> running 2.1 - 2.3, on several FC4(2.0),FC6,FC7,FC8, and one FC9b2 and I
> cannot duplicate your problems. I also have FC4, FC8 and a FC9b2 in
> Virtual and Parallels environments with same results. You may have the
> one configuration we need to research.

It's a slackware 11 with OO 2.4 box. The issue doesn't seem to be related
to the OO version, and I myself cannot reproduce the problem reliably. It
comes and goes. Apparently the problem is fixed (temporarily) by a reboot.
Fortunately, 95%+ of the time the problem doesn't come up. I now suspect a
Java problem.

-b.